Chloe - Captain, Skipper, Moonflower












 

As a charter skipper for a couple of years, I realised I could do this myself - why should I work for someone else?

In order to continue travelling and working on boats, in 2019 I decided it was time to buy my own boat and start my own charter company.

In late 2019 I travelled out to Croatia and looked at a few different options. Moonflower was the first boat I saw, and from the start she stuck out from the rest. I couldn't get her out of my mind, I kept coming back to her, comparing every other boat to her. She was the winner. I got her surveyed and I made an offer.

At the start of March 2020 I was in Zagreb, completing the paperwork when I heard Croatia would be going into national lockdown the next day. I hired a car and immediately drove to Moonflower in Sibenik and moved aboard. I have lived on her ever since.

I completed 3 months of lockdown on Moonflower, anchoring in bays and getting to know her. I used the time to complete the bits of maintenance she needed. The plan was, and still remains to be, to charter around Croatia in the summer months, and move over to the Caribbean for the winter.

This was the first year of Moonflower and Sailing Escapes but so far we are doing ok and have achieved everything we set out to this year!

Follow Chloe here: @chloeneed

And Sailing Escapes here: @sailingescapes.croatia

Find out more about Sailing Escapes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I became a Moonflower - Cate

A long one to Gran Can...

The journey begins...